Jim Blake: Enterprise Wireless Network Architect IT Consultancy
A Freelance Network Architect since 1993, Jim's work in IT Consultancy has covered the design and deployment of Commercial, Governmental and ISP Networks, including Enterprise-scale Wireless LANs (Corporate, Guest and BYOD) across a range of industries and sectors. IT Consultancy designs include sophisticated security and encryption systems using Cisco and Checkpoint Firewalls and Network Security Servers including the Cisco ISE.
These comprehensive design skills are complimented by extensive interim network management experience, including build/configuration/operation of Windows and Linux estates (dedicated hardware or VMWare environments). Jim supports his IT Consultancy as an effective written and verbal communicator with technical capabilities balanced with sound commercial awareness.
Major Client History
2016: IT Consultancy including full responsibility for design and deployment of a new-build wireless LAN for major international financial publishing company including:
- Cisco controller-based Wireless networking;
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0 deployment and configuration;
- Cisco CMX HyperLocation system;
- Cisco Nexus Switching Underlay Network.
2010/13: IT Consultancy responsible for the design and deployment of a UK-wide Wireless LAN solution for Siemens offices, factories and warehouses. Delivered network that supported :
- Secure (IEEE 802.1x/EAP-TLS authentication) access to the Corporate network;
- Voucher-controlled Guest Wireless Internet Access (Aptilo Gateways);
- Wireless DMZ facilities for barcode readers.
IT Consultancy with assumed responsibility for all aspects of the project (planning, design, project management and documentation).
2012: IT Consultancy with assumed full project responsibility for design and deployment of a Network serving Siemens’ showpiece “Crystal” exhibition building, featuring:
- High Capacity, High Performance LAN design with QoS;
- IEEE802.1x security on wired and wireless networks;
- Guest, BYOD and Corporate wireless;
- Multicast TV streaming;
- Third party BMS, security, CCTV, and Lighting control DMZs.
See http://www.thecrystal.org/ for more details of this innovative building.
2008/9: IT Consultancy as Network Architect/Interim Network Manager, redesigned and managed the upgrade of Caversham Finance’s corporate network, from IPStream to MPLS LAN/WAN, and created a network which has since allowed the company to scale far beyond its original size and capacity. This classic retail network supports wired back-office devices in data centres, and wired and wireless devices in the retail environment, and is fully PCI-DSS compliant.
2002/3: IT Consultancy including designed and deployment of the UK’s first Local Council MPLS core network (Bedfordshire), improving network security and reducing operating costs. The design was used by Cisco as a reference site for County Council networking and was followed by several other County Councils.
2002/3: IT Consultancy devising, testing and introduction of low-cost Private ADSL and Point-to-Point Wireless Internet links to Bedford County Schools, reducing Internet connectivity costs by 40%-60% per school.
Major IT Consultancy Client List
- Major international financial publishing company
- Bibby Financial Services Ltd
- The Cloud
- Heathrow Airport: High Level Wireless Networking Strategy
- Polar Computer Communications Ltd
- Siemens Information Systems
- Hewlett Packard
- Caversham Finance
- Ministry of Justice via Steria
- Thames Water Utilities Ltd
- HM Customs and Excise via Fujitsu
- Bayer UK Network
- Bedford County Council
If you cannot find what you are looking for here, please refer to IT Consultancy page here: http://www.wizards.co.uk/IT_Consultancy.
To understand how IT Consultancy can help with your business, please contact us on 0333 241 7707 or use email@example.com.